Migrating your law practice from a legacy platform
The process of migrating over to Matter365 from a legacy system is fairly simple and here are the suggested steps of doing it:
- Export contacts and matters information from a legacy system – our recommendation is to migrate all of the contacts you have across the company, but to revise all of the matters you have and decide which ones you will need on your new platform. Although you can also migrate all of them, here we would recommend migrating only active matters.
- Import contacts – contacts can be imported to Matter365 either from your Office 365 address book, or from an Excel file (.xls or .csv). More detailed guide on migrating contacts can be found here.
- Import matters – after you have all of your contacts imported, you can create all of the matters you have going on for them. This import is done with an Excel file that should contain all of the matter information and the whole process of migrating matters is explained in more detail here.
- Import documents and files – in this step you can migrate all documents and other files to your newly created matters in Matter365. Since all of your files will be stored in your company's OneDrive, migrating documents is a simple drag and drop to an appropriate Matter in Matter365 or in a matter-specific OneDrive folder direcly in OneDrive. If you are dragging and dropping full folder structure of nested folders and documents, we advise you do it directly in OneDrive.
- Migrate financial data to QuickBooks Online – if you’re planning on using billing and accounting features of Matter365, you should migrate your financial data to QuickBooks Online. This migration can be done separately from the previous steps, and does not depend on Matter365. We can connect you with certified QuickBooks professionals that can help with making this transition fast and clean.
By following knowledge base articles linked above, you will have enough info to migrate your law practice to Matter365, however, we’ll be happy to assist you with any of the migration steps and provide migration support if you need it.
Matters can be imported to Matter365 by filling in the sample Excel file with Matter information. Some of the details that will be required for creating new Matters are client name, Matter type and Matter source. Make sure to already have that data ...
Migrate your Documents to OneDrive The steps to migrate your document to OneDrive will depend on how you are storing your documents now. If you have a shared drive where all Matter data is stored, the process will be rather straightforward, and the ...
There are two ways of migrating your existing contacts over to Matter365. You can migrate them from your personal Office 365 address book, or by importing a file in .xls or .csv format. Importing contacts from Office 365 address book Import contacts ...
Migrating your trial subscription to a paid plan
If you received an email about your free trial expiring soon, here's how you can migrate your subscription to a paid monthly/yearly plan. To get to the billing portal, in the main Matter365 dashboard, select Switch to a paid plan. Matter365 dashboard ...
Quick Start Guide
Matter365 is designed to make your workday easier. Our goal is to enable you to spend less time on administrative tasks and more on billable activity or other priorities. The Matter365 platform is built on Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) and ...